For the Ryan R. Gibbs Flash Fiction Contest, New Delta Review
seeks fiction of around 1,000 words or less. We’re looking for complete arcs in concise packages, resonance over neat resolution, inimitable rhythms and propulsive movements, something a little (or very) dangerous.
: $400 and publication in Issue 8.2 of New Delta ReviewDeadline
: February 15thEntry Fee
: $10About the contest:
This award is in honor of Ryan R. Gibbs (1981-2012), a gifted editor for New Delta Review
, an incredible writer of fiction and screenplays, a talented photographer, and, above all, a dear friend. New Delta Review
is honored to host this annual award, which was made possible by a generous endowment from his parents, in his name.
Additional Submission Guidelines:
- All entries must be the original, previously unpublished work of the entrant.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry fee.
- Each entrant can submit a maximum of two stories per entry, each of which should be up to or around 1,000 words.
- Each entrant can submit a maximum of two separate entries.
- Submissions will first be read by the staff of New Delta Review, who will select the finalists. These works will be passed on to our judge.
- Family, friends and previous students of the judge are ineligible for participation. Current students and faculty of LSU are also ineligible.